Gosh is it Monday already? I’m only on week two of this little challenge on mine to do a weekly ‘five things I love this Monday’ post and already I’m struggling. Hopefully, I just need to get into my stride and soon it will just become part of my weekly routine.
To be honest I need something to lift my spirits on this grey, wet and very gloomy Monday, which according to the media is ‘blue Monday’, the most depressing day of the year. That said, I’m determind not to be too negative today (despite the awful weather) and focus on all the happy, positive things.
So without any further ado, here are the five things I’m loving this week…
1. Over the weekend I started watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon Prime, I think it’s an Amazon original, which means you can’t get it anywhere else. Anyway, it’s blooming brilliant! I absolutely love everything about it from the characters, the 1950’s styling, the acting and script. Not to give much away, it’s about a jewish, New York 50s housewife who falls into the world of stand-up comedy. The lead actress Rachel Brosnahan won a Golden Globe last week for her performance, which tells you all you need to know. She’s amazing! Also, the clothes are incredible, I literally want her entire wardrobe.
2. I’ve long been a fan of Smitten Kitchen, I follow the blog and Instagram feed regularly and love all their gorgeous creations. So you can imagine how happy I was when their second book Smitten Kitchen Every Day arrived in the post a few weeks ago. Having finally had the chance to read it this week, I can tell you that this book is everything I hoped it would be. The pictures are beautiful and all my favourite recipes are there, including a section on their amazing birthday and celebration cakes. This book makes me very happy indeed.
3. I received my first Birchbox this week, which was a lovely surprise. This month the beauty subscription box company have teamed up with Ohh Dear, the quirky British stationary brand, to create this beautiful flamingo designed box. Inside was a full size Lord & Berry Blusher Crayon in Peach (worth £15), a Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner in Charcoal (worth £10.99), a 15ml tube of Thermaliv Night Cream, a 10ml bottle of Paul & Joe Moisturising Foundation Primer and an Afterspa Amazing Makeup Remover (worth £5.50), which really does sound amazing! According to the description this ultra-soft cloth (and some water) is all you need to break down impurities and remove all types of makeup.
I’ve been totally impressed by my first box and can’t wait to get my February box in a few weeks time.
4. I’m LOVING these little pots of healthy ‘eat well’ meals from M&S. There’s five in the collection but these two are my absolute favourite. They’re quick (literally 2 mins in the microwave), healthy and most importantly really tasty. Definitely, a step up from my usual ham sandwich lunch.
5. Last but definitely not least (actually the main thing that’s keeping a smile on my face this week) is that we have booked our Easter holiday! You may remember I mentioned last week that I was researching places to go at Easter, as Dom is celebrating a significant birthday. Anyway, yesterday we booked to go to DisneyWorld in Florida!! The kids are beyond excited and although it’s probably not on top of Dom’s list of places to celebrate his 40th, we both know that the kids will LOVE it and lets face it, if the kids are happy we’re happy. That being said, I’m a massive Disney fan so I’m just as excited as the kids. Be prepared for lots of Florida and Disney chat for the next few months.
Anyway, that’s it for this Monday. Don’t forget, if you fancy joining in simply write your own post and put a link in the comments below, so that I can pop over for a read.