Having been a “career woman” for the past fifteen years, I now find myself in a completely different space. I’d be lying if I said that I was finding the change easy. My identity has gone – not that my job defined me but it was something I was immensely proud of. Don’t get me wrong, I’m also incredibly proud of my daughters, they’re my whole life, which is why I decided to put my career on hold. Oh the mental turmoil!
Okay, so let’s see, who am I? Other than a wife and mother of course. To help, I thought I’d take the 25 question challenge. I’m not a 100% sure that these are the correct questions – but these are the ones I found when I googled the challenge…
1. Do you have any pets?
2. Name 3 things that are physically close to you.
My bed, my husband, my mobile phone.
3. What’s the weather like right now? Unseasonably warm
4. Do you drive? If so have you crashed?
No I don’t drive, but I’m about to start lessons. Scary!
5. What time did you wake up this morning?
6.30am – otherwise known as too early!!
6. When was the last time you showered?
7. What was the last movie you saw? Behind the Candelabra – what a crazy film!
8. What does your last text message say?
‘Good night’ to my best friend
9. What’s your ringtone?
A generic ring, I’m not into funny ringtones. Although I’m toying with the idea of downloading “Happy”.
10. Have you ever been to a different country?
Yes, I’ve been lucky and been to many.
11. Do you like sushi?
I Love sushi!
12. Where do you buy your groceries? Ocado, I honestly think they’re the best grocery delivery service. And as all mums know, this is one of the best developments of recent years!
13. Have you ever taken medication to help you fall asleep faster?
14. How many siblings do you have? One amazing brother
15. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop?
A laptop but I’d like a desktop too – in an ideal world
16. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
36… wow that’s only a year away from my ‘old’ age!
17. Do you wear contacts or glasses? Unfortunately both, although not at the same time. Wish I could have laser eye surgery.
18. Do you colour your hair?
Yes, I have highlights. Although most have now been cut off!
19. Tell me something you are planning to do today.
Right now, go to sleep – it’s late!
20. When was the last time you cried? Last week, watching Long Lost Family with my mum.
21. What is your perfect pizza topping? Lots of cheese and I’m happy – chuck on some prawns and Parma ham and I’m over the moon.
22. Which do you prefer-hamburgers or cheeseburgers?
23. Have you ever had an all-nighter? Oh yeah!! Although not for a while now.
24. What is your eye colour?
25. Can you taste the difference between Pepsi and Coke?
Yeah, of course!
Okay, I’m not sure if I learnt anything new about myself from those questions, but it was fun. It’s almost midnight now, I think it’s time to go to sleep. Good night xxx