Summer’s here and all is well with the world, well that’s it feels to me this week. This warm weather definitely has a positive affect on my mood and I’m excited for the end of the school term. We’ve also got a very busy and exciting few weeks coming up as we prepare to move house. All going well, we should exchange contracts this week and move in around two weeks. I literally have no words to describe how I feel about this move, it’s going to be a tough few years as we slowly do up the new (old) house but I know that it’s all going to be worth it in the end, especially as I’ve completely fallen in love with this beautiful house. I can’t wait to share the journey with you all.
That said, here are five more things I love this week…
1. Wine in the post – I mean wine in the post, what’s not to like? Last week I received some bottles of wine from The Le Petit Ballon Wine Club who send their subscribers a carefully curated selection of handpicked wines. Their wines are unique and tell stories without being intimidating or pretentious. Their aim is to get people interested in different wines from all around the world and help their subscribers find new exciting, good quality wine. Don’t you think this would make a great present for someone special?!
2. Sale Shopping Online* – Sale shopping online has to be one of my favourite things to do and right now there are sales on everywhere. I love the fact that you can bag yourself a bargain from the comfort of your sofa (or even your bed), without having to brave the high street crowds and messy ‘sale’ shops. Don’t forget to also check out the voucher sites for extra money off offers, here’s a link to some of my favourites.
3. Liquid Soap – Dr. Bronner’s 18-in-1 Pure-Castile Soaps (from £2.15) must be the most environmentally-friendly and ethical washes on the market. Also, not only do they smell amazing but they can be used to clean just about anything, from; your face, body, hair, clothes, food, dishes, and even your pets!! They come in a whole range of different fragrances but my personal favourites are lavender (of course) and rose. I’ve been wanting to try these for years and let me tell you they did not disappoint.
4. Love Island – Yes, I’ve succumb to Love Island this year. I’ve never watched it before so had no idea what to expect, other than lots of beautiful twenty-somethings wearing very little. We’re now over a month in and I’m well and truly hooked, I haven’t missed an episode (yet) and have SKY+ ready to record in case I do miss one for some reason. Honestly, I haven’t got this gripped by a reality show since Big Brother, season 1 (do remember Craig and Nasty Nick?). Yes, it’s cringe TV and yes it’s pretty brutal and even evil at times but I can’t help myself. Will Dr. Alex ever find a girl who likes him? And will Meg ever get her karma? Who knows but I can’t wait to find out. If you’re not watching Love Island, good on you, you have more willpower than me.
5. Catching up with my Blogging Besties – These are some of the first true friends I made when I started blogging over four years ago. Back then we were all starting out and didn’t know what we were doing but we were there to help each other and offer support and advice whenever we needed it. Four years on and we’re still supporting each other and meeting up whenever we can. Last week was one of these ‘catch-ups’ and boy did we talk, non-stop in fact for almost seven hours. I came away from the day feeling more inspired, motivated and excited about blogging than ever.
*Some aspects of this post is sponsored.