Last week we were sent a gorgeous box of food by Marley Spoon, which is a new meal delivery service.
Marley Spoon sends tasty recipes and fresh ingredients directly to your door, making it easy to cook a delicious meal at home.
It’s subscription based model but you can always decide when you want your delivery. You can even change the frequency, number of portions, food choices and even skip or pause the service whenever you like (within a notice period of six days). Making this service a really good option for busy families or in my case pregnant, over tired mums!
We were sent the family box, which included two meals for four people, which I’d chosen from a selection available on the website the week before. Every week the menu changes making this offering varied, interesting and always healthy.
This was our first meal…
Creamy Chicken Curry – with hearty chickpeas and spinach
What we were sent:
20g garam masala
2 cloves of garlic
2 tins of chickpeas
200g of fresh spinach
2 large chicken breasts
450g Greek yogurt
1. Peel and finely slice the onion and garlic. Cut the chicken into bite size chunks and drain the chickpeas.
2. Heat some oil in a medium size saucepan on a medium heat. Add the onions and fry for 4 mins, until slightly softened and golden. Next add the garlic and garam masala and cook for a further minute.
3. Add the chicken chunks and increase the heat to high, fry for 2mins. Then turn the heat back down to medium and add 1tsp sugar and 100ml of water. Cook for 5-8mins with the lid on until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Add the chickpeas and spinach to the pan. Warm through for 2-3mins, until the spinach is wilted.
5. Turn the heat down low and fold in the yogurt.Then quickly remove from the heat, season generously with salt and pepper and serve.
My husband and I really enjoyed this creamy, yet healthy curry and I’ll definitely make it again for us. However, it was a taste too far for the girls, who weren’t as impressed with the unfamiliar flavours.
Marley Spoon, is a professional, high end service. I was really impressed with the packaging and the detailed recipe cards. Everything within the box was of the highest quality and I would definitely be tempted to sing up.