September is over and we’re now securely in the Autumn months. The leaves are changing colours, the concurs are falling and the summer holidays feel like a distant memory. It also means that it’s time for my Me and Mine post.
This month has seen Lili go back to school and start year one and little Poppy start pre-school. I still can’t believe she’s old enough to be going to pre-school, which meant the whole thing caught me by surprise. Before I knew it the big day was here and I hadn’t prepared myself for the separation at all. She on the other hand was fine and acted like it was nothing new. Children all around her were having little panic attacks and minor meltdowns but she ignored it all and settled in quickly and with no fuss. Suddenly I realised that it was me, who wasn’t ready!
At the beginning of the month we also met the newest member of our little family for the first time, at our 12 week scan. We’ve obviously known that we’re pregnant for a couple of months but it wasn’t until I saw that little head and heard the heart beat that the reality of it all sank in. All of a sudden I completely fell in love with this little baby and knew that he or she will complete our family. I feel so blessed and happy to be in this position as it’s not something I would have chosen a few months ago but now that we’re here it feels right and telling the girls last week cemented that feeling.
These pictures were taken in our garden on Sunday…
I have been…
* Getting excited about telling the girls our big news
* Watching Dr Foster on the BBC and Nashville on E4
* Shopping for maternity wear – yes already!!
Dom has …
* Loved sharing our exciting baby news with his family and of course the girls.
* Taught Lili to ride her bike without stabilisers and is very proud with himself.
* Started a new job and a new chapter in his career, as he’s now set up his own business.
The girls have been…
* Telling everyone about the ‘baby in mummy’s tummy’.
* Gone back to school and started pre-school.
* Watching Alphablocks and Number Jacks – they’re both fab DVDs for learning phonics and numbers.