What we’ve been up to this month…
* Dom and I had a very rare night away without the kids at the beautiful Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa. It was so nice to have some time to reconnect and enjoy each other’s company. We also had some treatments, enjoyed the fabulous, award winning spa and had a delicious meal. We really must do it again soon!
* Poppy and I spent a fun morning at the swanky Equinox gym in Kensington with Mother’s Meetings. It was our first Mother’s Meetings event and we had such a great time, we’re already looking forward to the next one!
* I spent a fun afternoon at Henry’s in Covent Garden with some fab bloggers. Some of them I’d met before and some I met for the first time but they were all so lovely and welcoming. We drank, chatted, laughed and danced to some dodgy tunes! My head was very sore the next day (which happened to be Mother’s Day) but it was well worth it!
* We celebrated Mother’s Day with my parents, who were staying with us for the weekend and had a beautiful lamb roast cooked by my hubby. We decided not to go out to a busy restaurant with two little ones on Mother’s Day and I’m so glad we didn’t as we had such a lovely and relaxing day at home.
* As you can see from the pictures above, we had a family day on London’s Southbank. We love the Southbank for so many reasons, that carousel happens to be one of them.
* Dom and I are loving The Good Wife – we’re currently watching season six on More4. I swear this series gets better and better.
* The girls and I have been to listening to the new Annie soundtrack on Spotify. After watching the film, we couldn’t wait to listen to the amazing soundtrack and it’s now a firm favourite. At last we’ve found something to replace the Frozen soundtrack!
* We celebrated Dom’s birthday with a day out in Guilford, which included a few hours at the indoor water park and a meal at Jamie’s Italian. Not as crazy as the ‘good old days’ (pre-kids) but we did have a fun family day out!
* Lili has been learning to ride her bike without stabilisers. It’s a big step and we’ve still got some work to do but she’s getting there. Watch this space!
* Dom and I have finally finished Game of Thrones! I’m still obsessed and can’t wait for season five to start next month.
Me and Mine is a monthly family portrait project. The idea is to share a family picture on a monthly basis and give a little write-up of what you’ve been up to during the month.