I’m a big chocoholic, it’s my big vice, the one thing I can’t seem to shake. Throughout the year I try to be good (well as good as I can) but at Christmas I do seem to lose control. It’s the only time of year we have boxes, tubs even dotted around the house. This means I can literally pick up a chocolate before breakfast or just before bed, which I do realise is wrong… but I just can’t help myself!
With that said, I thought I’d give you my top 10 Christmas chocolates, just because it gives me the chance to write about my favourite subject.
My Top Ten
1. In at number one and therefore the top of my list is Godiva, the king or should I say queen of chocolates? This year I’m loving this Chef Inspirations box. If you’re going to splash out (and let’s face it, if you can’t splash out at Christmas, then when can you?) go for GODIVA!
2. In number two I have to put the delicious and more affordable Green & Blacks Milk Chocolate. My husband knows that he doesn’t need to ever buy me flowers, just a few bars of this chocolate and I’m happy! – at any time of year.
3. A recent discovery but it’s gone in high on my list is Charbonnel et Walker Sea Salt Caramel Truffles. Yes, they are as amazing as they sound.
4. Speaking of truffles, Marks and Spencer do a great selection of chocolates and truffles. I always pop in for a few boxes at this time of year.
5. Let’s face it we all have a tub of Cadburys Heroes or Roses at Christmas and that’s always fine by me!
6. At number six is my dad’s favourite (which means we all buy him a box every year) is the iconic Ferrero Rocher. Need I say more? We really spoil him.
7. Proving I’m a true chocoholic, I always have a festive Hotel Chocolat slab on my Christmas wish list. This one is not for sharing!!
8. A box of Lindt Lindor Truffles is another family favourite that always seems to end up on the sofa come Christmas Eve. These melt in the mouth balls also happen to be my mum’s favourite.
9. At number nine I’m going to go for Maltesers. A big box of these with a Christmas film and I’m in my element. Especially as I feel like I’m not being too naughty.
10. Guylian Shells always makes for a an easy, affordable gift. They’re all the same so there’s no fear that some will get left behind. And I haven’t met one person who can resist these rich, fluffy truffles.
So there you have it my Top Ten favourite chocolates!
What are you favourite Christmas sweet treats?