As you may have already read, I’ve spent the past ten and a half years working in the Digital department at Clarins and in that time I’ve been lucky enough to try a lot, if not most of the products. However, when I realised I would be leaving, I had to really think about the products I’d miss and put in my last allocation order with some thought. This was not an easy task, as you can imagine, I’d grown fond of so many products but when it came to skin care (face and body) here’s what I finally settled on and why…
Note: My skin type is normal but can be slightly dehydrated.
1. Multi-Active Day Cream – This is my go-to day cream, the texture is light but comforting enough to keep dry skin and fine lines at bay. It’s a really lovely cream and a great way to start the day.
2. Blue Orchid Oil – At night time I love using this hydrating face oil. It smells gorgeous and leaves my skin soft and hydrated by morning. If you’ve never tried a face oil, I really recommend this one! I tend to apply it to damp skin for best results.
3. Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herb – This is what I use to wash/ cleanse my skin every day! I apply it to dry skin and wash off with water, sometimes I’ll use the Toning Lotion on top with a cotton pad – but not always. It literally removes all last trace of make-up and pollution – and really works with my skin type.
4. Liquid Bronze – This is a milky lotion that gives your skin a very natural, lightly tanned appearance. I tend to apply it before bed, after cleansing. It’s super easy to use, and gives you a lovely healthy glow in the morning. I call it my “weekend-away in a bottle”.
5. Beauty Flash Balm – It’s a classic for a reason! It does exactly what it says on the tube! I don’t use it everyday but when I need a skin ‘pick-me-up’ this is my go-to wonder product.
6. Renew Plus Body Serum – This has to be my very favourite Clarins product!! It’s basically a body lotion that has a very light, fluid texture, so it melts into your skin within seconds – it also smells amazing! I’ll miss this one the most.
7. Tonic Body Treatment Oil – Last but by no means least!! This little beauty has seen me safely through two pregnancies with NO stretchmark’s. I have a few from my teenage years on my legs, so I know I am susceptible to them but this oil kept them at bay while I was expecting both girls and for that I will be forever grateful and a true devotee.
Make-up was another subject, which I’ll share with you in my next post! Also, I wanted to give a quick mention to the fact that I no longer work for the brand, so am not getting paid for the above reviews – I just thought I’d give you my personal recommendations as someone who has used them a lot over the years!