I love writing these posts but for some reason it’s been a few months since my last one. I say ‘some reason’ like I don’t know the answer… the truth is I’ve been too busy enjoying the summer with my girls. By now I have a little time to myself each morning, when the girls are at school and Iris is having a nap. This also gives me a moment to sit down and think about my week and what’s made me happy.
So here are the 10 things that have made me happy this week.
- Taking my little girl to nursery for the first time and seeing the mix of excitement and nervousness on her little face. Thankfully, she had a great time and now skips in every morning with a smile on her face. Basically, she gets to play with play doh every day, which is her favourite thing in the world.
- Having some precious one-on-one time with my beautiful baby Iris. She’s had to share my time with her two older sisters for the past two months – and she’s grown so much in that time. Now we have some special time every morning, just the two of us.
- Seeing Iris sit up by herself. Although, I can’t believe we’re at this stage already!
- Watching Ray Donavon on Amazon Prime.
- Sunny Autumn days and walks in the park. I love Autumn colours.
- Reading Roald Dahl’s The Witches to the girls. To be honest I’d forgotten how scary it is but the gils love it and it’s so lovely to reread the Dahl books.
- My gorgeous new NEOM candle.
- Going conker hunting with the girls.
- Online shopping at Zara to get some new Autumn items.
- Keeping summer alive by making my favourite Strawberry cake.
What’s made you happy this week?