It’s Monday but it’s no ordinary Monday, it’s the beginning of the half-term holidays, which means no routine and no school runs, two things that already make me very happy. Here are some more things that have made me happy this week…
1. The Greatest Showman – I’ve been desperate to see this film since it came out in December. I’d seen all the trailers and heard so many positive reviews from friends and other bloggers, I was slightly worried that it wouldn’t live up to the hype but oh my goodness it did!! I took my two older daughters (who are 7 and 5) and we all absolutely loved it. If you haven’t already seen this amazing show (yes, it felt like a show), then you must!! It’s definitely a film you need to see on the big screen.
2. Flower Arranging with M&S – My house is now full of the beautiful bouquets of flowers I made at this gorgeous event. Marks & Spencer had invited me along to the Ivy in Chelsea to learn how to arrange flowers, drink champagne, eat beautiful canapés and hang out with some of my favourite ladies. As you can imagine I had the best time and felt completely spoilt. I left with a bag full of flowers and a head full of new tips and tricks on arranging them (more on this coming soon in another blog post).
3. Gluten-Free Pancakes – As you may already know tomorrow is pancake day!! The real pancake day not the weekly ‘Sunday pancake day’ that we seem to celebrate. Anyway, I recently found this gluten-free pancake mix by Sweetpea Pantry that taste amazing. So if you are (or know anyone who’s) gluten intolerant you should definitely try this mix!
4. Grace & Franckie – On paper this is not something I should really enjoy, not because of the subject matter (it’s about two women in their mid 70s who find out their husbands have been having an affair for the past 20 years and now want to get married) it’s just that I’m not really a sit-com kind of gal. However, I started watching Grace & Franckie on Netflix a few weeks ago and now I’m pretty hooked. I think it’s probably the beautiful houses and high quality acting that’s got me hooked, whatever it is I literally can’t wait to watch more.
5. Afternoon Tea at The Ned – On Saturday I went to The Ned (Bank, London) for the most amazing afternoon tea. Two big highlights were the warm freshly-made scones and the chocolate and salted caramel mini pies. It was also special because I was there with two old friends who I hadn’t seen in a few years, so as you can imagine we had a lot of catching up to do.
That’s all for this week. Have a great half-term!